Sunday 3 April 2011

Cerisiers

The area where I babysit is very residential and not particularly interesting, but it does contain the beautiful Jardin de Reuilly.



This is a pretty courtyard with benches and a canopy of cherry-blossom.











So green!



Sepia-tone statue against Haussmanian architecture. 



"The recent buds relax and spread"







Two women, tricky composition. 


Using flash against these blossoms makes them seem super-imposed on the photo. I like taking photos of trees from this angle!


I then came back to Vincennes and took this photo of the town hall. 




2 comments:

  1. Really nice photos. What camera do you have? I'm thinking of upgrading, since my camera isn't great.

    Yes, they always say they are going "make a party", no matter how much I correct them. I quite like it though, me and my friends always use it too. Definitely a fan of Denglish, I never thought I'd find myself making so many mistakes in English! I also found it hard having non-German speaking English friends around cos I am so used to speaking Denglish. I genuinely forget that not everyone speaks German, and if I use German words in the middle of an English sentence, they don't automatically know what I'm talking about.

    I like your idea of meeting your favourite celebrity in a lift, I might steal that to use in some of my classes! Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and in German the verb is just "Party machen" which usually just means going clubbing or partying rather than anything to do with a party. They also call club nights parties.

    ReplyDelete